- ZRG volumes
- Editorial Staff
The Berlin-based Savigny-Stiftung has been honouring the memory of the great legal historian Friedrich Carl von Savigny through awards, prizes as well as travel and work grants since 1863. In 1880, the Board of Trustees and the Hermann Böhlau publishing house promised synergies: Volume 14 (1880) of what was until then the rather humble ZRG became volume 1 of the Zeitschrift der Savigny-Stiftung für Rechtsgeschichte. Since then the journal had two sections and from 1911, three sections. Foundation grants ran out in 1942, but the name has remained.